11.20.2012

Hummingbirds and Joshua Tree No. 2


























I've been wanting to return back to painting with acrylic and oil on canvas and have recently had the chance to start. Using thick passages of paint, layering glazes, and sanding back to reveal the first round of color used to be what I loved most about painting. The past few years I've been sticking mostly to watercolor. Its a great medium for many reasons and I will certainly continue working with them but there is something really nice about being able to build up paint and create real texture! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow - so detailed and beautiful. Nicely done! I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is breathtaking, wow! Even tough I love your water colors, this work looks amazing and the colors are truly yours. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are amazing, thanks for showing your process a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. passifleur21.11.12

    absolument merveilleux

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4.12.12

    Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice work..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great new piece! Hey, I didn't know the best way to get in touch, but I spotted one of your Watering Hole prints on a Montessori blog (hanging on the wall of a kid's bedroom!) and I thought you might think that was cool to see your work hanging up

    http://www.howwemontessori.com/how-we-montessori/2012/12/tips-for-creating-a-montessori-bedroom.html

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very cool! Thank you so much for sharing!!

      Delete
  8. This is crazy gorgeous Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my inspiration! The way you control, liberate and work into your medium is out of this world. I just came across your work on a whim, now I am totally in love with you! Thank you so much for sharing! -sayuri

    ReplyDelete